Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Beginning

I'd like to start off by explaining a little bit about why I'm starting this blog. It's pretty simple, really: I love college football.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing better than waking up on a cool, crisp autumn morning, knowing that there's a day ahead of tailgating, watching the big games, soaking in the atmosphere that makes college football what it is ...

In this blog, I'll attempt to replicate that the best I know how. I'll talk about games, polls, coach hirings/firings ... basically, whatever it is I think college football fans are most interested in at any given time. And hopefully, that will provide whoever might stop by with something to think about and/or talk about.

As a professional journalist, I like to consider myself unbiased, but I'm sure my background will get the best of me at times. That said, I might as well get this out of the way: I grew up primarily in southeastern Michigan and attended Grand Valley State University for two years, Arizona State for two more and University of Michigan for the last one. You can draw your own conclusions from that, but suffice it to say that at times, there will likely be a disproportionate amount of coverage on this blog focused on the Wolverines.

That's not intentional, of course -- just a product of familiarity. But one of the main reasons I'm here is to branch out, to try to connect with college football fans of all teams and in all areas. Hopefully, I can provide something of quality to that end.

So, with all that out of the way, here we go ...

No comments: